Monday 28 December 2015

Future Woman Engineering

In this global era, being a woman is so much more challenging. Woman are not always take a part behind a man. When we talk about woman and man in engineering industry, it’d be a different case. Not better, not worse, it’s just different. As I started to build my dream as a soon-to-be engineer since three years ago, and realizing that my graduation is just a year ahead, planning about how to kick start my career path is a need. I want to be a career woman. I have a dream to be part of a multinational company. I thought that I can’t take a major in engineering because I don’t get very well on Math and Physics. However, I found out about industrial engineering. In this field, we learn not only science but also social subjects and trained to see problems from whole perspective and be efficient and effective in every process. As an industrial engineer student, my analytical-thinking skills are upgraded and it’s applicable to many aspects of life. My interest is on supply chain management. I want to manage and improve a lean supply chain management in my company and implement a greener global industry, because I see that industry should take an important action considering its effect to the environment. As I learned lot about management skill, I want to build my career into a manager who has strong leadership skill that make my organization develops passionate talents. I see that there’s so many area that could be explored in engineering and I still look for which area suites me best. My hobby is travelling and I dream about exploring the world, so I look forward to have job that can bring me to travel around the world. Be the inspiration to another woman that being an engineer is not something that seem to be so manly, rude, and unreachable career for woman. I want to prove that we, as a woman, could live a life as a future woman engineer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment